Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Current Soundtrack of My Life

Did everyone watch the Oscars last night? I did for the most part. However, I feel next year I may only watch the Red Carpet on E! and then the last hour. All that drab in the middle made me switch between my Judge Judy on DVR and the live telecast. Yes, Judge Judy...obsessed!

With the show just yesterday, I thought I'd dedicate my blog to movies this week...sorta;) This week's theme is soundtracks. Remember when movie soundtracks dominated the billboard charts? It's been a few years but "The BodyGuard", "City of Angels", and "Garden State" are few that come to mind.

My all time favorite soundtrack is probably from the movie "Cruel Intentions" or "Go". I know old skool right?

I found some new songs and soundtracks for this week's playlist. A lot of them are dominated by the new movie I was dying to see Alice in Wonderland. Although I still am going to see it, don't you hate when critic reviews ruin it? I heard it's not too uhmazing. Oh well, I'm A.D.Dicted to 3-D after Avatar so I'll definitely see it in the theater.

Here are some great tunes from soundtracks for you to check out!


MONDAY - "Stay Here Forever" - Jewel from the "Valentine's Day" album - So I didn't see this movie based purely on the shiteous critic reviews but honestly I never had a desire to see it. It looked like a ripoff of "He's Just Not That Into You" or "Love Actually". I do love me some Jewel. If you haven't seen her life, do it! She tells the most hilarious stories in between her songs!





TUESDAY -"Wunderkind" - Alanis Morissette from The Chronicles of Narnia and The Vancouver Olympics soundtrack - If you didn't watch the closing ceremonies from this year's Olympics, you missed an amazing performance by Canada's best musical export. Damn, girl looked HOT!! Way to go! Show Mr. Ryan Reynolds what he is missing out on! Scarlet Shmarlet:)





WEDNESDAY -"Strange" - Tokio Hotel feat. Kerli from the "Almost Alice" soundtrack - So I have never got into Tokio Hotel basically just because I never heard any of their songs. I know they were quite the rage a year or two ago. Anyway, I do love Kerli a.k.a the Estonian Lady Gaga! Please check out her "Love is Dead" album from 2008. Also her new album due in May!





THURSDAY - "Follow me Down" - 30h!3 feat. Neon Hitch from the "Almost Alice" soundtrack - This electronic band hales from Boulder, CO and get their name from the 303 area code for Colorado. You may have heard them featured in Ke$ha's new "Blah Blah BLah" song. BTW, that is the last you will hear of her in the blog. She is mega annoying and you will never hear her in this playlist!





FRIDAY - "My Life Would Suck Without You" - from the Glee Soundtrack volume 2 - Are you a Gleek? I totally am! How could you not? It's super cheesy fun with great humour and popular remixes of songs new and old! Tuesday April 13 is the date it returns! On a side note, Miss Kelly Clarkson joins Lilith Fair 2010. I'm so there!





SATURDAY -"Keep Holding On'" - from the Glee Soundtrack Volume 1 - Almost better than the original version from Avril Lavgine who coincidentally had her version featured in the 2006 "Eragon" dragon movie and has a super annoying song on the "Almost Alice" soundtrack . NPH and JLo are supposedly making guest appearances this season and they are even having a Madonna music only episode! So excited to put Glee music in my playlist without you thinking I'm a total GLEEK!






SUNDAY - "No Sound but the Wind" The Editors from the "Twilight: New Moon Saga" - So I can't leave the vampire craze outta my movie playlist. Look for the "Eclipse" soundtrack later this year. I didn't love this soundtrack, a tad gloom for me but I did like the track and totally like the movies.





So did anyone notice that the Taio Cruz feat. Ludacris "Break My Heart" song I featured more than a month ago in my "Love is in the Air' playlist is now #1 on Itunes this week? I told you I find the music first for you! Here is the official video!











No comments:

Post a Comment