Saturday, February 13, 2010

An Olympic size playlist

Is everyone watching the Olympics? I hope so. They certainly are inspiring. My dream as a kid was to run in the Olympics in the 100 and 200 m. dash. Carl Lewis was my role model as a young tyke. I still remember those games of '88 when he ran away with the gold medal and broke the world record.

Circumstances prevented me from chasing that dream so I always tear up a bit at the Olympics when someone is able to breakthrough and capture the gold.

I do sometimes have regrets about not chasing my dream but I still have smaller goals that I accomplish daily, weekly and yearly. Music is always my right hand man in those goals. So keep dreaming, keep listening and keep loving music!

Monday - "Strange Condition" - Morgan Page - If you think this song sounds familiar, you are correct. This is a cover of the original Pete Yorn version. Page is a DJ from LA who is releasing his new album "Believe" later this month.



Tuesday - "Boys & Girls" -Martin Solveig feat. Dragonette - So I have dabbled in a lot of Euro pop for you guys and this one sticks in that genre but is actually French. An electronic DJ in France, Solveig hosts a radio show and released this fun track last year.




Wednesday - "My Turn" - Basement Jaxx feat. Lightspeed Champion - So remember last week when I told you I used to obsess about their album "Rooty"? Well it's starting again, this is a great track of their album "Scars." So many more to come!



Thursday - "Black & Gold" - Sam Sparro - This song was actually featured in two terrible movies last year "Obsessed" with Beyonce and "Fame". I didn't see the latter but heard it wasn't very good and I suffered through half of the 'Beyonce and the chick from Heroes version' of "Fatal Attraction" on DVD.



Friday - "Boys & Girls" - Pixie Lott - I featured this UK import a few playlists ago. This is another one of my favorites! Make your state-side debut already Pixie!



Saturday - "Animal" - Miike Snow - No, that is not a misspelling, they have two 'i's" in their name if you have having trouble finding the song. Formed in 2007, this is a Swedish band that includes the two producers Bloodshy & Avant who are responsible for 'Toxic" by Britney Spears.



Sunday - "Paradise Circus" - Massive Attack feat. Hope Sandoval - Do you miss Mazzy Star? I sure do! Hope Sandoval a.k.a Mazzy Star makes an appearance on the new Massive Attack album called Hegioland due this month. Definitely a trippy slow jam for a lazy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment