Sunday, February 21, 2010

This song reminds me of you!

Do you know why I love music so much? Every song can remind me of something. A feeling, a person, an experience, a time in your life whether it be good, bad or in between.

For me, U2's "Beautiful Day" represents a sad yet excited time when I left NM for the first time and moved to Denver. The Cranberries "Zombie" and "Ode To My Family" were the songs I blasted on my way to college in my little red Toyota Tercel. Hole's "Violet" triggers an extremely lonely, dark time in my life that I was able to overcome.

I'm sure you've heard a song pop on the radio and it immediately evokes emotion...whether it be a chuckle, smile, tear or a feeling you'd rather forget. Music triggers something in the brain and heart.

So this week, I dedicate my blog to my favorite band Nickelback and their song "How You Remind Me". HA! I hope you know I'm kidding. Nickelback, seriously? If you read my blog, I hope you know my favorite band is actually Limp Bizkit. HAHAH, actually I was inspired by my first song this week by Annie. I hope you like it.

So I thought I'd dedicated this blog to my friends and the songs that remind me of you. Whether it be a song or an artist, I will always think of you guys when I hear these songs. This is for you my friends and a few of the songs that remind me of you!

Blanche a.ka. Danielle - Blue Da Ba Dee -Eiffel 65
Katrina - Bush/Goo Goo/No Doubt...our first concert together and pretty much any STP, Pearl Jam, DMB or Live song remind me of all those other unforgettable ones
Kelly - the "Go" soundtrack on my back porch
Regina - "Music" by Madonna
Crystal - "She-Wolf" hahahaha , "Bootylicious" or any Prince song
Snarisa/Hoochina a.k.a. Carisa & Christina - "Jessie's Girl"
My sis - "Feliz Navidad" hahahha
Ems - "Cool" by Gwen Stefani and "Who's that Girl" by Robyn oh and Scissor Sisters
Jessie - Ppppoker Face..not the piano version;)
Matt - "Underneath" by Alanis Morrisette..the remix of course
Seth - "Since You Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson
David - it pains me to mention her in my blog, but Mariah Carey
Sarah - Gwen Stefani...and our 'suburbs experience'
Paul - any song from "Flavors of Entanglement" by Alanis and new song below
Erin - "Gimme More", "Piece of You", etc. - by the one and only B. Spears!~!
Lesbros (new VB team) - "Bad Romance" - by who else ?!GAGA !



Be sure to let me know, if a song reminds you of me or feel free to share any moments in my comments section.


Monday - "Song Remind me of You" - Annie - For obvious reason, this song is my favorite this week. The second single from her "Don't Stop" CD. I featured her first single a few weeks past.





Tuesday - "Is there a Ghost" - Band of Horses - This song made me think of my friend Paul from his hilarious stories tells about his ghost in his apartment. Paul, this song is for you! Let's go to Lolla this summer! I heard about Band of Horses from a friend who went to Lolla last summer and have been obsessing lately. This is off their amazing "Cease to Begin" album. Check it out!





Wednesday - "Terrified" - Katharine McPhee feat. Jason Reeves - OK, I'm going to bust out a ballad for you. As you know, I love Idol. If you are watching Idol this year, you heard this song from contestant Didi Benami who sang this song written by Kara DiGuardi. This is off Katharine's recently released second album "Unbroken". I did have McFever but this album is slightly a snoozefest besides this song. I included both versions.












Thursday - "He Keeps Me Alive" - Sally Shapiro - This is my second favorite song of the week. It just makes me smile and happy. A Swedish singer, this is off her "Disco Romance" album. I will try to find more of her!





Friday - "I Got You" - Leona Lewis - If you are keeping track, this is the first artist to make it my playlist 3 times. This is her second single off "Echo". "Friends, I got you and you can run to me!" I love it!





Saturday - "Halfway Gone" - Lifehouse - Remember "Hanging by Moment"? OMG, I used to love that song! I used to blast it in my car back in NM doing a total horrendous sing along version, thankfully with the widows rolled up. Well, this is the lead single off their new "Smoke & Mirrors" album due in March.





Sunday - "Song for No One" - Miike Snow - And then sometimes songs remind of us or nothing or no one! Hahhahha






Have a great week my friends!


3 comments:

  1. Tones, I always think of you, standing behind the purple concession counter at the theater, when I hear No Doubt, "Just a Girl." It's a good memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, I remind you of a song about ghosts! I love it! :) I actually like the song. Let's do Lolla for sure.

    The song that reminds me of you is anything sung by Mariah Carey. Ha, kidding! Actually, you will always be "Just Dance" by Lady Gaga, as you were the first person to introduce me to that song as one to put on my running play list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, we'd love if you could contribute to our community, and share your songs. Do visit www.thatsos.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete