Saturday, February 6, 2010

So you think you wanna dance?

So this week's playlist is about dance music. I know, isn't it always?

Yes, this week is going to be HOT, not temperature wise and not because of Valentine's day but because these songs may remind you of one the timeless saying of my favorite pop culture icons, "That's hot," by Paris not France;)

Short and sweet, I'm really excited about these songs, so I hope you enjoy kiddies.

Monday - "Acapella" - Kelis - You may have forgotten the "Milkshake" girl, but no fear the bitch is back! OMG and it's hotter than ever. Keep my word, this is going to be one of the hottest tracks of 2010! Your welcome! Produced by David Guetta, you know the rest of the album is going to pure dance this spring.




Tuesday - "Naturally" - Selena Gomez and the Scene
- I know, I know not another Disney princess turned pop star. One Miley is enough! This song is off their debut album "Kiss and Tell" released last fall and shamelessly I love it.



Wednesday - "Raindrops" - Basement Jaxx
- 'Where's your head at'? I know it's been a long time since the amazing "Rooty" album I listened to religiously back in 01. Well, they released another amazing album "Scars" last fall. Stay tuned for many more hot tracks from them this year.




Thursday - "History" - Vassy
- Ok, this song sounds slightly like a familiar Mary J. Blige track, but that was one of the hottest tracks ever! So she sounds like a spawn of Mary J and Anastasia. This Australian songstresses has had songs features on Greys, Ugly Betty, and several movies. She is currently working on an album due this summer with producers for Lady Gaga and Madonna and I expect this song to explode especially in clubs kinda like Ke$ha but not quite as annoying.




Friday - "It's Over" - DJ Scott Mann feat. Amuka
- Amuka has been been featured on a lot of dance hits from DJ's. You may remember her "Appreciate Me" song from Peter Rauhofer featured on the Queer as Folk soundtrack several years back. Her voice, just like Macy Grays, is great for dance club remixes.




Saturday - "Shark in the Water" - V.V. Brown
- This song was free on I-tunes. Being the thrifty nickel I am, I swooped it right up. VV hails from the UK; I think I have a thing for UK artists as you can tell from this blog. This song has been growing on me all week. It has a retro-pop feel. Is a shark in the water the same thing as the elephant in the room? I dunno...deep thoughts.



Sunday - "Feel your love" - Kim Sozzi - So not sure if I believe this one, but supposedly this song just overtook Gaga's "Pokerface" as the most played Billboard dance single of 2009. I have not really heard of her till now, but this song is off her "Just One Day" album released in July of 2009.









So that does it, dance your bums off!

1 comment: