Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer time!

Summer is finally here...well if you are in Chicago, we don't know for sure!  This is my favorite time of the year and one of the main reasons I stay in Chicago.  From festivals every weekend to alfresco dining to rooftops decks to pools to beach volleyball, Chicago I do love you!


Music is always right there next to me to further help me enjoy every experience.   From the slow jam to the disco party, here are some great tunes I'm enjoying this week.  Load up your I-pod!


MONDAY - "None of Dem" - Robyn feat. Royksopp - So with the release of Body Talk, Pt. 1 this week, it was EXTREMELY difficult to choose my favorite song for the week!  So this is my first choice.  Please pick up the album, it's truly amazing!




















TUESDAY - "Touch" - Natasha Bedingfield - This is the lead single of her new album due this summer.  Although her songs usually annoy me after a few listens, this one hasn't...yet!




















WEDNESDAY - "Amongst the Waves" - Pearl Jam - I know right, me and Pearl Jam.  Huh? Actually Eddie Vedder and I go way back...way back to the 90's.  My new friends I met on my trip to Mexico re-introduced me to the band.  This is off Backspacer album that came out last year, and I really dig it!




















THURSDAY - "Game Over" - V.V. Brown - This is the second appearance of VV on my blog.  Her album Traveling like the Light was released in February this year and it's really cool!  It's got a great retro vibe but still current!





















FRIDAY - "Compliments" - Band of Horses - If you haven't heard this band, you are missing out!  A great chill-out band for any summer party.  This is off their first single off their new album released May 18, 2010!  I want to see them on tour.   I bet they are amazing! When are they coming to Chicago?!?  I'll find out!





















SATURDAY - "American Slang" - Gaslight Anthem - This is the current single of the week on I-tunes, you can get it free there until Tuesday I believe.  If not, it's here on amazon.com.  Another rock steady band I'm really starting to get into!




















SUNDAY - "Dirty Picture" - Taio Cruz  feat. Ke$ha -  OK, I know I vowed to never put her on my blog but it's more for Taio! (although I'll admit, her part is kinda sexy!)  This is probably one of the cheesiest and stupidest songs I've put on my blog, but it's just damn catchy and the video is hot!  I'll probably hate it next week.:)






















Have a great week!  I hope everyone has realized they can not only purchase the song on amazon but also preview it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment