Saturday, January 16, 2010

Do what you can...

There is only one thing to write about this week. It's hard to think of anything else. When tragedy hits unexpectedly, it is important to realize how precious life really is. Words can not describe the ordeal our fellow humans are facing, and it brings sadness into my heart when I think about the devastation. Music has always made me feel better, so hopefully these songs will help you get through this tragic week. If you haven't donated, please do. There is a simple way to do it be texting. Everyone knows how to text...well except for my parents.

Red Cross- text HAITI to 90999 to send a $10 donation.
YĆ©le Haiti- text YELE to 501501 to send a $5 donation.

United Way- text HAITI to 864833 to send a $5 donation.



So although the week was rather melancholy for me, do not fear these songs aren't super depressing; they are about change and reflection. There were on my ipod playlist all week.

Monday - "Change" - Carrie Underwood - The 4th winner of American Idol is the sole reason I allowed country music into my heart. Her voice gave me chills this past summer at Ravinia and this song off her latest "Play On" album is seemingly appropriate at this time in need.

Don't you listen to them when they say
You're just a fool
Just a fool
You believe you can change the world
Oh the smallest thing can make all the difference
Love is alive



Tuesday - "Just Say Yes" - Snow Patrol - This is a new song off their compilation album of rarities and b-sides called "Up to Now" released last Nov. Just say yes...for God's sake!



Wednesday -"In This Life" - Delta Goodrem - This song is slightly older from 07 I think but it recently received an updated mix. If you watch SYTYCD, it was actually the ending song when Jeanine won season 5. The nerd in me searched it out for my ipod. Seemed fitting to include in this week's playlist from the Australian beauty.



Thursday - "I See You" - Leona Lewis -
From the Avatar movie, this song is truly beautiful. If you haven't seen the movie, do it now. 3-d is a must. I will see it again if you need a date! If you have seen the movie, you know the theme is about how we are all connected. We are connected to each other, so please donate to Haiti in their time of need.



Friday - "Heartbeat" - Nneka - I saved my favorite new song for the week for Friday. Think Lauren Hill minus the rapping with an amazing new beat. This song is off her EP, "The Uncomfortable Truth", released last Nov. The lyrics seem to fit right into this week's theme as well.

You said you'd be there for me
In times of trouble when I need you and I'm down


Saturday - "Need You Now" - Lady Antebellum - Okay, I know what you thinking, Tony, two country artists in one week!? The world is a changing, and others need you now. Please don't ask me how to pronounce their name though. We'll just call them 'the other lady' after Lady Gaga of course. Speaking of Gaga, buy anything from her online store on Jan. 24, and all proceeds go to Haiti. Maybe a Gaga hair bow? Check it out at www.ladygaga.com...Back to 'the other lady', I do really like this song though. Enjoy folks, their won't be too much country on the horizon.:)


Sunday - "Symphonies" - Dan Black - This song is a happy reflection song for your holy day...or at least your happy day-drinking day;) Off his "Un" album released Dec. 21, 2009, Black brings a vibe similar to Deathcab for Cutie or The Postal Service.



So although a bit on the slower side, they are still great for your workouts. I switched around the layout and interspersed the videos, let me know which format you like better. Enjoy kiddos!




2 comments: