Saturday, January 2, 2010

Your playlist for the week~ New Year's Week


This is a blog dedicated to music lovers. Hopefully, this will also help you get motivated to work out with some great new tunes. My friends know that I love music and (typically) have good taste in music. Hey, what's wrong with Ace of Base? So for my sis and my friends you know who you are that always need new music, this blog was inspired by you!

To start a blog about music, I figure I should give you my qualifications first. So, here is a quick rundown!

I've taken a few creative writing classes in my college days, and have taken a few piano lessons in my high school days. So that should give you a few hints that I should know exactly what I'm talking about these days, right?

If not, on a more unabashed note...I like to rock out some guyliner, I'm an American Idol wannabe, and I've got a sleeve full of tattoos...so if those aren't enough qualifications, then "Billie Jean is definitely not my lover!"

So think of my blog as your weekly playlist. I'll highlight 7 of my new favorite songs. They may be used to fist-pump at the gym, lip-sync on the treadmill, roger-rabbit at the club, bic-lighter sway in your living room or simply to tune-out those annoying people on the CTA. But above all that, they should make you happy or at least smile because music makes the world go round, right? Could I be more cheesey? Probably..but stay tuned to my blog to find out!

Check out my 7 songs of the week and start 2010 off right with some great new music for your workout! I've provided the songs, you just need to download them! So now that I've done all the work for you, working out should be easy~!



Monday - "Right Hand Hi" - Kid Sister
.Why not start of the new year with a little local love? You better 'Get Your Hands Up' for this local Chicagoan who kicks off her debut album with this infectious hit. Look for other amazing upbeat dance hits with playful rap loops from her album "Ultraviolet" released Nov. 17, 2009.

Tuesday -"The Sound of Missing You" - Ameerah.
I found this gem randomly while listening to the club/electronic music channel on my TV. A great resource for finding new music! Originally released in July 2009, Ameerah is a native of Belgium. Here's hoping she gives us more hits state-side in 2010! Think more along the lines of a gay club anthem...if not yet, then soon but I wouldn't know, I haven't been to Charlies...in a few days;)

Wednesday - "Just Like You" -
Allison Iraheta. You may not know, but the shy 17 yr. old from American Idol released her album late last year. Surely, her raspy voice won you over on idol. I know don't call you 'Shirley', but check out this relationship ridden anthem from her debut album. Very Kelly Clarkson for the new decade! If you believe in karma like me....then this song is just like you~

Thursday -"Next Best Thing" - Nikki & Rich.
I found this song on the Itunes' "Discovery Download of the Week". Nikki is the singer and Rich the producer, hence the name for you slow peeps:) Not sure when their album is coming out but hopefully soon. This song is pure retro infused pop perfection. If you haven't noticed yet, Itunes gives you a free song each week under their 'free' section. Be sure to check it out weekly for the "Next Best Thing!"

Friday - "Fever" - Adam Lambert.
You probably remember him from idol or some other recent controversy:) Love him or hate him, Glambert is here to stay! This song off his debut album was written by none other than effortless Lady Gaga. Today's song and the rest of the weekend songs will be dedicated to my artist of the year for 2009 because of her shows this weekend. Catch her live in Chicago (I know-not really Chicago, trust me I really know) for her 3 sold out shows in Rosemont, IL and look for me in the audience on Sunday! I just may be sporting an outfit made out of Miss Piggys;)

Saturday - "Monster" - Lady Gaga. Although it's hard to pick just one, this is my favorite song off the new The Fame Monster album. The beat and lyrics, it's got it all! The reason I love Gaga so much is that she speaks her mind and is never ashamed! So go ahead, let that monster out! God bless Gaga!

Sunday - "Teeth" - Lady Gaga. My second favorite song off the new album. Hopefully these songs for the week will help you 'show your teeth' with a smile.

Check out the clips below and thanks for reading my blog! If you like the songs, let me know. If you don't, then screw you, just kidding you can still let me know but I probably won't care. And if you already have all these songs, then you are already perfect in your music tone~ality!

Be sure to visit next week, for your new playlist.




















































No comments:

Post a Comment