Saturday, January 30, 2010

Love is in the Air?

February is my favorite month. "Why?"...Do you ask? Shooooooot, I thought it was a given. My favorite holiday is this month. DUH! Yup, exactly love is definitely in the air.

The love from the IRS, that is. The IRS typically refunds me with the money they stripped out of my paycheck so selfishly the year before. So February is the month when I actually have a little more padding in my wallet...at least for a day or two. So Happy IRS Refund Month...at least for those of you who do your taxes early and get a refund.

Otherwise, I guess you could always celebrate some other stupid Hallmark created holiday. No, I'm not Debbie Downer because I'm single...ok, well maybe a little;)...but I have never really been a fan of this holiday for lovers. Can't we just love each other everyday?

Here are some love inspired anthems for the week....for both lovers and those of you who say 'screw lovers day'.

Monday - "Break my Heart" - Taio Cruz - Hailing from the UK and mainly known as a producer for such hit artists like Kylie Minogue, Brandy and Cheryl Cole, Cruz released this song of his second album "Rockstarr" last year. There is also a really hot remix I found that is sure to be a hit in the clubs. That is the link below but the original is good too.



Tuesday - "Dirty Desire" - Utada - This import from Japan is off her English album "This is the One" released last year. One of the best selling artists in Japan, she is trying to crossover into the US. She is actually playing at the House of Blues today Tuesday Feb. 2 in Chicago. If anyone wants me for their date, I'd love to go! There is also a remix that I featured below. Remixes are always better for the work-outs if you ask me.





Wednesday - "Soldier of Love" - Sade - It's been 10 years since we've heard from Sade. She is making her welcomed return to music, with a new album on Feb. 10, 2010. However you can purchase this song from I-tunes right now. A tad slower, but the lyrics likely agree with most.





Thursday - "Don't Upset the Rhythm" (Dave Aude Club remix) - Nosiettes - So the original version is kind of cheesy but the remix is hot. So this is one of those songs where the remix is better than the original, sorry!



Friday - "Remedy" - Little Boots - This is off her "Hands" album set for a state-side debut in March. Another UK import, this album is already out in the UK, so you can probably find some songs now. If Kylie and Gaga had a baby, this would be their love child. She is at the Metro in Chicago on May, 1st. Anyone want to go?





Saturday - "Lasso" - Phoenix - If you haven't heard anything from this group yet, then definitely download their album, "Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix". They actually hail from France not the stifling hot city in Arizona and this album just won best alternative music album at the Grammys on Sunday night.




Sunday - "O.N.E" - Yeasayer - An experimental rock/pop band from Brooklyn, NY. This is the lead single off their forthcoming "Odd Blood" album due February 9, 2010. Known for their visualizing psychedelic live shows, this should be a band to catch live in 2010.



Hope you kids are starting your month off well. Love is definitely in the air...or in my case, "Up in the Air." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment